Sunday 12 September 2010

University Experience Begins :)

Hope you're all keeping well :)


Yesterday, Mum and I took the trek up to Glasgow from Leeds so that I could move into halls and officially begin my Uni experience. I left Leeds with about 3 times as much luggage as I arrived with (most of which is still lying in a pile on the floor waiting to be packed away). I've loved every moment that I've spent here so far. Everybody I've met so far has been really friendly and welcoming, especially the guys that I share a kitchen with. Freshers' week starts tomorrow so I've got a busy few days ahead of me. 


I attended two churches today. I really enjoyed them both and met some great people. I feel really drawn to the house group meetings that are linked with West End Vineyard but I'll let you know what's happening. I'm planning on heading to some of the CU events as well this week to get a feel of what sort of stuff goes on at it. was chatting to a few guys today who seem passionate about meeting up every once and while for prayer and worship and to encourage each other in our faith so please pray into that :)


I would like to close this post with lyrics from a Charles Wesley hymn entitled, 'Love Divine'. It was recently adapted by the band Rend Collective Experiment and has really been on my heart for the past wee while. Special thanks to Richard McGarvey for introducing it to me :)


Love divine, all loves excelling,
Joy of heaven to earth come down;
Fix in us thy humble dwelling;
All thy faithful mercies crown!
Jesus, Thou art all compassion,
Pure unbounded love Thou art;
Visit us with Thy salvation;
Enter every trembling heart.

Breathe, O breathe Thy loving Spirit,
Into every troubled breast!
Let us all in Thee inherit;
Let us find that second rest.
Take away our bent to sinning;
Alpha and Omega be;
End of faith, as its Beginning,
Set our hearts at liberty.

Come, Almighty to deliver,
Let us all Thy life receive;
Suddenly return and never,
Never more Thy temples leave.
Thee we would be always blessing,
Serve Thee as Thy hosts above,
Pray and praise Thee without ceasing,
Glory in Thy perfect love.

Finish, then, Thy new creation;
Pure and spotless let us be.
Let us see Thy great salvation
Perfectly restored in Thee;
Changed from glory into glory,
'Til in heaven we take our place,
'Til we cast our crowns before Thee,
Lost in wonder, love, and praise. 



I love how many of the older hymns conclude with a verse/stanza on the experience of entering into Heaven. It helps to convey the anticipation of finally standing face-to-face with our Creator, 'lost in wonder, love, and praise' :)


May the Lord bless you and keep you all,
J

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you are keeping up the blogging. Gwen & I will certainly be praying for you and your church finding.

    ReplyDelete