Friday 3 September 2010

The Promises of God

Proverbs 30:5 - 'Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.'


Joshua 21:45 - 'Not one word of all the good promises that the LORD had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass.'


2 Corinthians 1:20 - 'For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory.'


I love how definite these verses are - 'every word of God', 'all came to pass', 'all the promises of God'. I know in my life I find it hard to trust the promises of God contained in the Bible; however, I find these verses really encouraging. I feel that God is simply telling me "Just trust me. I won't let you down."


My challenge for you is that you read the promises contained within the Bible and ask yourself whether or not you truly believe that it will come to pass. Here are a few to set you off:


Jeremiah 29:11 - 'For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.'


Matthew 11:29-30 - 'Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.'


John 10:27-29 - 'My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.'


Many Blessings,
Jay

1 comment:

  1. Interesting first post. What, specifically, do you feel these verses challenge us to do? From what position do you 'challenge' others?

    ReplyDelete