Tuesday 7 September 2010

Bible In One Hand, Knitting Needles In The Other

Howdy folks!


Just a wee update to let you know how I'm getting on. Since leaving Bangor over 2 weeks ago I have been living in Leeds with my mother and her friends Bryan, Gwen and Emerald. It's been absolutely fantastic to take a few weeks away from pretty much all responsibilities and distractions and to take time in study, prayer and meditation before the Lord (as well as making plans for University life). I feel very blessed to be able to spend time with such magnificent people in a Spirit-filled household. I'm going to miss it very much when I leave :(


Gwen has also been teaching me how to knit. I recently completed knitting my first scarf (a picture of which has been included below). I like to think that my reason for taking up knitting was for spiritual purposes such as patience and perseverance; however, I think that I just liked the idea of being able to knit. 



This Saturday I'll be heading up to Glasgow to move into my room at Cairncross House, one of the University of Glasgow's halls of residence. Freshers Week begins on the 13th and classes commence on the 20th. I'm so excited to finally be a university student. For the first year I'm to study 3 subjects - Music, Theology and Philosophy then I drop one in my second year and for my third and forth year I can choose to focus on 1 subject or to continue with the 2. I feel so blessed to be able to study the three subjects that I'm most passionate about, yet my heart still goes out to those who were unable to enter into a course that they had really wanted to get into. My prayers go out to you all.

Do I miss Bangor already? Yes and no. I'm so excited to be entering into a new chapter in my life with new people, places and experiences. However, I do miss my friends and family in Bangor. I love you all, and I do hope that you keep in touch.

Please pray for me as I move up to Glasgow. Pray that I meet godly people, get involved with a spirit-filled church and that I'll be shielded from Satan's fiery darts. Pray for all of us who are heading to University, that we will spend our lives devoted to serving God and His people, striving to become conformed to the image of Christ. 

Blessings,

J



No comments:

Post a Comment