Saturday 13 November 2010

Glasgow Update: Boom!

Ahoy!


It's been a while since I've shared about what has actually been going on in my life during my time in Glasgow, so I thought that I would share what I've been doing (or what God's been doing) so that my friends and family outside of Glasgow can be informed. Well, I assume they are interested in what I've been doing. If you find this blog irrelevant and mundane, please let me know!


University has been becoming increasingly more of a challenge and struggle. Although I love every moment of it, the pressure of attending lectures and tutorials and keeping up with various assignments has made things a lot more difficult. By the grace of God I have been keeping up to standard (I think) but I'm struggling to remain motivated, especially with Christmas just around the corner. I know for certain that this course is perfect for me, especially after hearing about the amount of work that young mathematicians, physicians, engineers, optometrists, lawyers, etc. have to do. I love essays :)


Working the overnight position at Hollister has become such a joy. As the job in itself is quite monotonous, the only way in which we persevere is by holding onto the concept of having sheer amounts of banter, most notably the A Cappella outbursts with Jordan and Dez. Although we've had some late nights (finishing at any time between 11pm and 4am) it has been great craic, and the opportunity to serve and help out my colleagues by sharing the workload has been amazing. The job also grants me time to think and to pray, whether during work or on the walk to and from the shop. It also fits in perfectly with my university schedule, although attending a 9 o'clock tutorial after working until 3 the night before becomes such a chore :(


I can only speak of fondness and celebrate in regards to the friendship I have experienced in Glasgow over the past 2 months. I wish to thank all of you; the madmen in Cairncross House, the brothers and sisters I've met through Christian Union, the overnight team at Hollister, the folks at West End Vineyard and Queens Park Baptist Church and especially the Pert Family whose hospitality and generosity have been second to none. Words cannot describe how thankful I am of the friendships I share with all of you. If there's anything I can do to help you out in any way please let me know; I'm here to serve! :)


It would be great to keep in contact with those whom I have strayed away from since I moved to Glasgow. Please do not hesitate to email me on jbowermusic@gmail.com. Please send me your postal address as I love writing letters! 


Looking forward to hearing from some of you,


Shalom in Christ, 
J

No comments:

Post a Comment